The first appointment at a new doctor’s office can be exciting, intimidating, and sometimes even overwhelming. At Florida Center for Hormones and Wellness, our goal is to guide you through your first visit and make you feel as comfortable and supported as possible. We take a concierge approach with our patients so that you have the best possible experience when you’re with us. Whether you are brand new to hormones or coming to us from another provider, we want to make sure we’re on the same page with you; we care about how you’re feeling, what your wellness goals are, and how you want to achieve them.
That said, why don’t we go ahead and explore what you can expect from your first visit at Florida Center for Hormones and Wellness?
Preparing For Your First Visit
- Your initial consultation is an exciting and eye-opening experience.
- The entire Florida Center for Hormones and Wellness staff is here to serve you and your needs, because your wellness is our mission.
- We ask that you take a moment to complete the necessary forms and print them out for your scheduled appointment. We work very hard to make sure all of our appointments start on time and having your paperwork complete before you come in will help us do that.
What To Expect On Your First Visit
Expect to spend 60-90 minutes at your initial consultation including check out time. During this time, your provider will go over with you the intake forms you filled out prior to your visit to get a better understanding about you and your medical history.
All labs you bring with you will be reviewed, as well as any medications/supplements you already are prescribed. A personalized treatment plan will often involve further lab testing with either functional medicine labs or a conventional blood draw.
How to prepare:
- All new patient forms are required to be filled out prior to your initial visit and sent to your Patient Liaison
- Please bring a list of current medications
- Please bring the bottles of all vitamins/nutritional supplements so your provider can evaluate all the ingredients they contain
For Our More Eager Crowd
We will, of course, answer all your questions at your initial consultation. We also encourage our patients to attend a New Patient Orientation just prior to their consultation. New Patient Orientations are offered twice a month. During the orientation, a provider will explain what bio-identical hormones are, why they are medically necessary, and how they contribute to the longevity and quality of your life. At the orientation we also describe the other treatments we offer for sexual and overall wellness. This is not a sales session. It is an educational session designed to teach you about your treatment options, so you have more time during your consultation to discuss issues specifically affecting you.
If you’re preparing for your first visit with Florida Center for Hormones and Wellness, we’re here to help. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please be encouraged to reach out to our office and speak to a patient liaison – it’s their job to ensure you have the best possible experience on your journey to wellness!